I hope everyone fared well during the storm we got on the East Coast! While snowed in, I did what any hungry girl does during a blizzard…ate myself into oblivion!
If you’re into healthy foods, then cover your eyes, because this copy cat recipe isn’t for your every day dinner. Although, the real Chik-Fil-A nutrition facts aren’t nearly as bad as you would think…
This recipe is modified from Chungah’s, over at Damn Delicious. I must admit, we gobbled down our nuggets so quickly (as in, standing in the kitchen, right out of the pan), that I didn’t even take photos..bad blogger, bad blogger…but what I can tell you is that Iron Man was whooping cheers of delight and high-fiving me, while exclaiming, “You did good, Ma!”
I’d say this is a recipe worth repeating. Thanks, Chungah 🙂
COPYCAT CHICK-FIL-A NUGGETS
Tastes EXACTLY like the real deal 🙂
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour in separate bowl
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE HONEY MUSTARD
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice **I didn’t make this exactly the same way, but I’m keeping Damn Delicious’ recipe intact, as mine was done quickly**
- THE NIGHT BEFORE: In a medium bowl, combine chicken and pickle juice. For best flavor, marinate overnight!
- To make the honey mustard, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, mustards and lemon juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. (I turned it to a 4 out of 10, 10 being high heat)
- In a small bowl, add 1/2 cup flour. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, whisk the egg. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine remaining flour, Panko bread crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- After trimming and cubing chicken, lightly toss in plain flour.
- Then, coat in egg.
- Next, bread chicken in flour, Panko, sugar, s&p mixture.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook until golden and crispy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- For extra deliciousness, add a mini pickle slice to each bite.
- Gobble down immediately, and if you have time, dip in honey mustard.
This recipe is SERIOUSLY good and will convince you to make this on
Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, when the real thing is closed.